Inspired by nature with a whimsical twist
Cambridgeshire based Wildlife Sculptor
Rachel Watts is participating in all ESC Artists events in 2019.
Stamford Arts Centre:
- 2nd June – Artist Market in the Ballroom. 11 am – 4 pm
- 22nd October to 3rd November – Gallery Exhibition & 3rd November Artist Market in the Ballroom
- 11th & 12th May – Demos & Mini Workshops at St James Church in Aslackby to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Trust
- 28th & 29th September – Stall at the Stamford Georgian Festival on Broad Street
My work is inspired by the creatures who scurry across my path and the magic I find when I follow them.
I am a wildlife sculptor, I describe my work as inspired by nature with a whimsical twist.
After Graduating in 3d design, I worked as a commercial sculptor for well known British figurine companies for many years but recently set out on my own with the excitement and freedom that enables me to have.
I work from my studio deep in a wood in the fens, where I sculpt in wax, cast in resin, individually paint and lovingly finish each piece. My work is inspired by the creatures who scurry across my path and the magic I find when I follow them.
all images © Rachel Watts
More 2019 Participating Artists
- Cathi Prince: Shedglas Design
- Charron Pugsley-Hill
- Claire Rudin
- Ella Jenkins
- Eve Marshall
- Fiona Kingdon – Artist in Wood
- Jacki Cairns: Heartwork
- Josette Carroll
- Katie Lancaster
- Lesley Adolphson
- Lin Chatfield
- Mary Green
- Mathew Gardner: Why Not Wood
- Paul Saunders
- Rachel Watts: Through These Eyes
- Shalini Austin